Tuesday 21 October 2014

Gluten-Free Cookies

*Attention: I am still in the midst of improving this recipe! As of now, this is one of the food which I am having for snacks.

Ingredients:

1. 2 cups of white rice flour
2. 2 cups of brown rice flour
3. 1 cup of tapioca starch
4. 2/3 cup of potato starch
5. 1 1/2 teaspoons of xanthan gum
6. 1/2 teaspoon of sea-salt
7. Sunflower oil
8. 1 cup of rice milk (for recipe, click on LINK)

---------------------------------------------------------

1. Mix all the ingredients above until everything is well blended.

2. Line a baking tray with baking paper.

3. Preheat oven to 170C.

4. Take golf ball sizes of dough and flatten them with the palm of your hand.

5. Repeat step 4 until all dough is used up.

6. Bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes.

7. Allow to cool.

Bon appétit!

5 comments:

  1. Are they good? What is the texture like? Soft? Hard? Tasty? Are you improving them because they aren't so good? I'm dying to eat cookies (bad me).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an acquired taste. I didn't use sugar soooooo......... HAha... Still not used to gluten and sugar free. The texture is like crumbly cookies. Need improvement as I am so used to gluten stuff that THIS doesn't taste like COOKIES that I am dying for!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    2. Oh, I hate to break it to you but baked goods will never taste the same again especially without good ole sugar! You will kind of get used to it. I stay away from all baked goods but every now and then I find something gluten-free and it's just not so good. Disappointing. There is one company that makes a gluten-free pancake/baking mix with a cookie recipe on it. It's called "Pamela's" and it's the closest I've found to tasting like real cookies, but it does require butter and sugar, both I'm not supposed to have. And the baking soda or powder in the mix tastes really strong to me, but probably because I'm not used to it.

      Delete
    3. One of the issues with thyroid problems and going sugar-free is there is a connection between thyroid and blood sugar so if one doesn't control the blood sugar by eliminating sweeteners, one could very easily become diabetic. It is said once you have one autoimmune disease, you will get others. I stay away from sweeteners, but the cravings drive me nuts.

      Delete