Friday 13 February 2015

H20 - Part 1 (An Introduction)

Our body is made up of approximately 60% water.

Our brain tissue is approximately 75% water!

Our body needs water to produce saliva.

Our body looses approximately about 4 cups of water per hour when we exercise. The more intense the exercise or the higher the temperature, the more water our body looses.

Dehydration causes constipation as our body will absorb whatever water it can get.

Kidney stones cannot form if our body has enough water.

(... to be continued)







5 comments:

  1. I have to disagree about the kidney stones. I am a stone producer. I tried drinking only water and was drinking a minimum of 64 oz. per day. My kidney stone production actually increased. My doctor told me to go back to what I was doing before, because I had less stones then. Those of us who aren't exactly normal as far as diseases go (i.e. IA), don't always fit these rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been told by so many doctors that by drinking lots of water, it'll prevent stones from forming! Could it be because of the composition of the water?

      Yeah, we with IA don't fit the 'normal' category.

      Delete
    2. I, on the other hand drink too little water. I have all my life and I've never had a kidney stone. I've heard taking supplements or unnaturally creating too much of a nutrient throwing your body off balance will cause them. Vitamin D supplements are known for causing them. I think it's all about balance and if we mess with balance OR somehow cause an imbalance with anything, our body reacts because it doesn't know what to do with the excess.

      Delete
  2. Nice facts. I'm surprised the brain has so much water. I wonder what the other component percentages are?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'll be an interesting fact to find out about.

      Delete