Sunday 23 November 2014

The ABCs - H is For Health

H.E.A.L.T.H.

What is health? How can health be defined?

There are some people who do not fall sick in 10 years over but yet exudes the rottenness of attitude and character.

There are some who are the angels on earth but are the sickliest in their bodies.

So how do we define health?

According to the WHO (World Health Organisation), health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease and infirmity. (taken from here)

There was an incident sometime back at the organic shop which I buy my organic stuff from. The fresh vegetables had arrived from the farm and soon the women (customers) swarmed upon them like bees to flowers. I was selecting my favourite vegetables and was almost done before this no-manners lady used her body to sideline me and proceeded to pick the vegetables as if nothing had happened. One of their sales person saw what happened and came and wanted to help me to continue selecting my vegetables. As I was almost done, I told her thanks but I was done. Then in my VERY LOUD voice, I said this, 'What's the purpose of eating organic and being so health conscious when some PEOPLE don't even have the basic foundation of character called MANNERS? Some people can't even wait patiently for their turn!' Of course Miss No-Manners dared not look at me as I was staring daggers at her non-stop. I think she could feel the daggers exuding from me. Miss No-Manners was no-manners at all as she continued what she did and shoved other ladies too. I just stood there and stared at her throughout her whole veggy selection. One could see that she did not hesitate to jump queue and shove people aside to take what she wanted. So how healthy is she in eating 'healthy' organic food? Her soul was definitely not healthy. She did not portray a healthy individual where manners and etiquette were concerned. And when she went to pay for her goods, she tried to jump queue. She behaved as though this was her everyday normal behaviour. She didn't even bat an eyelid. How un-healthy...

Are YOU healthy?


2 comments:

  1. I've seen women like that in stores. It is shocking to me their lack of empathy. I'm guessing they are true sociopaths.

    Well, with that definition I venture to guess NO ONE is truly healthy. I had a doctor-boyfriend tell me once everyone has some level of what we would call mental illness. I'm totally socially fucked so besides my declining physical health, I am doomed to be considered "unhealthy."

    But I think it's interesting how many people can LOOK healthy even when they aren't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will always be people worse off than us. I guess to them we are 'healthier'. I guess happy people=healthy people. I am working towards that. Not easy but it needs to be done. Once people are happy, I guess the body will be 'healthy'.

      Delete