Thursday 20 November 2014

The Perfect Baked Not Deep Fried French Fries

I got this recipe from Gordon Ramsay's recipe book. I did not follow it 100%. He par-boiled the potatoes until they were just tender. My potatoes were still hard. But they tasted just like FRIES! *DROOL!*

Ingredients:

1. 10 large potatoes (washed, peeled and cut into thick french fries shapes)
2. Sea-salt
3. Black pepper (optional)
4. Sunflower oil

------------------------------------------

1. Fill up a large pot and boil the water.

2. Once it is boiling, add the cut potatoes and boil for about 5 minutes.

3. Drain and pat dry the potatoes.

4. Preheat oven at 250C.

5. Line a baking tray with baking paper.

6. Lay a single layer of potatoes.

7. Drizzle some oil and sea-salt over the potatoes.

8. Mix the seasonings thoroughly with the potatoes.

9. Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Turn them a few times while baking.

10. Allow to cool before serving.

Bon appétit!

I re-baked it again and it was crispier. I had forgotten to take that picture as I was just too hungry!

2 comments: