So today, despite of the tiredness from fighting this flu (which had me coughing the whole night like a barking dog), I persevered on and made this salicylate-free dish. Even my son commented that I have not made this in a LONG time now. And hubby and son said 'YUMS!' I guess that one word says it all. It was worth the effort! And yes, even with my non-functioning taste buds, it was YUMS!
- 10 to 12 medium sized old potatoes
- Celery (3 to 4 sticks should be sufficient)
- 3 large eggs
- 200 to 300 gm of minced chicken
- 2 to 3 slices of bread (I used my homemade wholemeal + buckwheat bread)
- Sunflower oil
- Peel the potatoes and put them in a pot of water and boil them till they are soft enough to be mashed.
- Boil the eggs till they are hard-boiled.
- Grate the celery sticks.
- Mix the celery with the minced chicken.
- Tear the bread into small pieces.
- Mix the bread with the minced chicken and celery.
- Season the minced chicken, celery and bread with some sea salt and pepper.
- Peel the hard-boiled eggs and cut them into half and place them on the dish.
- Preheat oven at 230 C.
- Once the potatoes are soft, take them out of the pot. Mash them a bit and then add butter (about 30g), some salt, pepper and sunflower oil and continue mashing them.
- Spread the mashed potato over the dish evenly.
- Bake the dish for approximately 30 minutes or until mashed potatoes are slightly browned.
- Serve it warm with bread, pasta or rice. You can even eat it on its own!
- Bon Appetit!
|Boil potatoes till soft|
|Grate the celery|
|Mash the potatoes|
|The finished product!|