Sunday 27 November 2011

Home-Made Baked Potato Pie

I have been wanting to make this dish again for a very long time now. But the tiredness and exhaustion has been causing me to shelf a lot of things which I have been wanting to do for awhile.

So today, despite of the tiredness from fighting this flu (which had me coughing the whole night like a barking dog), I persevered on and made this salicylate-free dish. Even my son commented that I have not made this in a LONG time now. And hubby and son said 'YUMS!' I guess that one word says it all. It was worth the effort! And yes, even with my non-functioning taste buds, it was YUMS!

Ingredients:
  1. 10 to 12 medium sized old potatoes
  2. Celery (3 to 4 sticks should be sufficient)
  3. 3 large eggs
  4. 200 to 300 gm of minced chicken
  5. 2 to 3 slices of bread (I used my homemade wholemeal + buckwheat bread)
  6. Salt
  7. Sunflower oil
  8. Butter
------------------------------------------------
  1. Peel the potatoes and put them in a pot of water and boil them till they are soft enough to be mashed.
  2. Boil the eggs till they are hard-boiled.
  3. Grate the celery sticks.
  4. Mix the celery with the minced chicken.
  5. Tear the bread into small pieces.
  6. Mix the bread with the minced chicken and celery. 
  7. Season the minced chicken, celery and bread with some sea salt and pepper. 
  8. Peel the hard-boiled eggs and cut them into half and place them on the dish.
  9. Preheat oven at 230 C.
  10. Once the potatoes are soft, take them out of the pot. Mash them a bit and then add butter (about 30g), some salt, pepper and sunflower oil and continue mashing them.
  11. Spread the mashed potato over the dish evenly.
  12. Bake the dish for approximately 30 minutes or until mashed potatoes are slightly browned.
  13. Serve it warm with bread, pasta or rice. You can even eat it on its own!
  14. Bon Appetit!


Boil potatoes till soft
Grate the celery

Mash the potatoes
The finished product!
Bon Appetit!


2 comments:

  1. Looks very yummy but I dun like celery. Can it be replaced? More recipes pls :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tammie: You can replace with carrots or even cabbage (shred it thinly). You can even add tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete