Sunday 20 January 2019

Home-Made Cloth Panty Shields

I have a lot of baby nappies from Joel's baby days. Some were turned into rags. I decided to turn many of them into home-made panty liners/panty shields.

The cloth ones sold outside do not have the perfect length. It's either the right thickness but it will be too short. Once I find the perfect length, it'll turn out to be too thick.

I started to develope an allergy to even the organic disposable panty liners/panty shields. No matter the brand (even Natracare), it would cause an allergic reaction. It could be the glue or something in the pulp. I have no idea what it is.

Fed up of wasting money (buying and experimenting with other brands) and also of being inflicted with allergies, I decided to sew my own panty shields/liners using Joel's old baby nappies.

Fold a nappy into half.

Then fold it into half again. Then cut it into the length you desire. 

Sew around all the edges. Then attach the buttons. You would need to adjust the locations of the buttons (to the most comfortable positions) before you sew them on. 
My version of cloth panty shields/liners. 
You can even use these napkins as liners over reusable cloth sanitary pads when you have your period.


2 comments:

  1. OK, so now tell us how fun it is the clean them! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not used them for heavy period days. So washing them is still ok.

      Delete