Tuesday 25 June 2019

Kill Ya Fresh!


Sometime back in March this year, I sent my car for its annual wax and polish session after the car was serviced. This year, I tried it at a car wash shop/spa which is very near my house. I had sent my car to this shop for it to be washed for almost a year. This wasn't a new place that I was trying out.

They recommended that I have my car air conditioner washed with this Klima Fresh as it kills mold, fungus and mildew. It also get rids of odour from the air conditioner coils. The car would be fresh! I questioned them on whether it is perfumed and they said no. I then agreed to try it out.

Worst decision ever!

Because I was bested by a horrific allergy-migraine, my judgement was impaired. The voice that was screaming NO inside my gut was drowned out by the pain in my head.

My heart sank the moment I got my car and turned on the air conditioner. The fake lemon-ey smell and chemical fumes were awful beyond words.

I called the usual guy at my car service centre and asked him about getting the air conditioner coils washed to clean out the smell and chemical. He said I would need to leave the car at the workshop for 3 days! They would need to remove the whole air conditioner coil and soak it in a solution!

I needed my car everyday! Thus, I resorted to a few tricks which I hoped would work.

Every morning and evening I would let the engine run with all the doors opened. I would switch off the air conditioner button and let the outside air in through the vents. I also set the temp to maximum. I did this for about 45 minutes for each morning and evening session.

The chemical still lingered.

I wore masks every time I entered the car. I wound down all the car windows and let the outside air in as I drove.

I placed green tea bags in containers inside the car!


I even changed my old car air purifier to Medklin as this model removes smell.

NOTHING WORKED!

And then one day, I parked the car under the hot sun by chance as there were no parking spots in the shaded area. This was during the time of the heat wave. I realised that the chemical smell had lessened!!!!!!!! I then parked it under the hot sun for a few more days. I left the windows slightly opened too!

I could kiss the sun as the god awful heat did the trick.

I learned my lesson. Never ever not listen to the gut feeling even when I am dying from pain. Never ever listen to people when they say that there is no smell.

What are Klima Fresh's ingredients you ask? Halogenated hydrocarbons, ethanol, benzyl alchohol, LINALOOL and d-LIMONE!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Yeah, you can't trust anyone. Too many stupid people who have no clue when it comes to toxic chemicals. So glad you found something.

    ReplyDelete