Thursday 31 May 2012

My First Trip Abroad in 38 Months - Part 3 (The Excursions)

I used up all the surgical and cloth masks which I had brought along with me for this trip. Whenever there was a foreign smell, I wore the masks. Also, smokers were everywhere! Because we had to walk a lot in public, we encountered LOTS of smokers.

Singapore is an extremely efficient country where the public transportation is concerned. They have the MRT (Mass Rapid Transit), bus service and taxi which are integrated seamlessly. The thing with public transport for people with smell sensitivity is being confined in spaces with combinations of all sorts of smells/scents/fragrances. For me, cloth masks helped a lot in situations like these.

I did not sleep a wink during the first night as my son is a 'black-belt-expert-while-he-sleeps'. He becomes docile and forgets all the 'superb' movements that he is capable of when he is awake. I got kicked, smacked, slapped, poked, rolled on and crushed by the little sleeping machine! By the time I could finally sleep, it was time to wake up!

For a person with IA to travel with success is to be flexible and not rigid.

Thus, we scrapped all our plans and I slept for four hours after lunch. I knew that if I pushed myself to go out, I would have fallen sick or had reactions to the smells that we encountered through out our journey.

This was the lunch I cooked:

Garlic fried rice with lettuce iceberg and lettuce iceberg soup.
We only went out at late evening to the night safari. Not much pictures were taken as flash photography is not allowed as the flashes would damage the nocturnal animals' eyes.

These were Joel's favourite though!










3 comments:

  1. Food looks great. Bugs are creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing bugs. Such beautiful colors. I take it they are all dead. Next time put your hand next to the display so we can see the size in relationship to your hand. I know that wouldn't make for a very good picture, maybe in just one of the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are all dead. Could smell the moth balls seeping out from the glasses. Ok, will put something to measure the size the next round! :)

      Delete