1. 1kg of pork belly
3. *White pepper (optional)
1. Wash the pork belly thoroughly and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Usually, a skin-pricking-tool is used. Unfortunately, I do not own one. So I had to use a very sharp fork. Prick the whole pork skin until it looks like some fork-stabbing-session. (At the end of the pricking session, my hands were numb and carpal tunnel was in full manifestation. Conclusion: Get the damn tool!) The tool looks like this:
3. Season with salt and grounded white pepper. (*White pepper is optional. For those who are on salicylate diet, do omit if you are unable to tolerate.)
4. Rub the seasoning(s) thoroughly until the whole pork belly is coated.
5. You can either place it in a freezer bag to allow it to be seasoned in the freezer for an extended period of time (to allow the seasoning to permeate the meat more thoroughly), OR you can blow dry it with a fan (if you are going to eat it on the same day). Some people dry their meat in the fridge.
|Blowing the meat so that the skin dries up. This will ensure the skin to crackle and pop into a very crispy and crunchy texture.|
7. Bake for approximately 45 minutes.
8. Then set the oven on GRILL mode.
9. Grill for another 1/2 hour.
10. Remove from oven to cool.
11. Slice the slab of meat and ENJOY!!!!!!
|To die for!!!!!!!!!!! YUMMY!!!|