Monday 2 April 2012

The Fighting Games

The Cloud came
And hung over my head
'Oh no!' I cried, 'Not this same old game!'
To the Cloud I said,
'Take your darkness to the other side instead!'
But no, It made sure It stayed.

It made everything seemed so bleak
I wanted to scream and scream and scream
But instead, what came out was like a strangled bleat
Everything was oh so grim
Refusing to go away, the Cloud stayed.

It made me soaked to the bone
When it decided to empty its contents over me
I said to It, 'You are a heartless stone.'
And it rained down torrents as if It was laughing with glee
And no, it did not go away, It stayed.

Out came the Sun
And I leapt with joy
Lifted off my shoulder weight of tons
I shook my fist at the Cloud and said,
'Take THAT you kill-joy!
For you are now un-employed.'

Time wasn't even ten times ten
When I saw the Cloud
Heading towards me again!
With a look so puffed up and proud
There It was over me, It stayed.

I was so pissed
I was so frustratingly exhausted
I refused to live a life like this
With such restricted movements and life so constipated
I decided, It could not stay.

I lashed it with a whip
Just like the old Indiana Jones
Well, that backfired and the Cloud unzipped
It broke into half and I was soaked to the bones
I ran into buildings
It followed me there
I went to the refuge of Kings
It hovered over me there
I ran to the gutters
Over me, It was there
I hid in the darkest corners
It found me and there, It stayed.

I was sick of these fighting games
The end results were always the same
I could never seem to win
It made life so-not-worth-living.

And then I remembered,
This wonderful and beautiful idiom!
If you can't beat them,
Plan, for them to be beaten! (I mean, join them!)
Thus, I did some shopping,
No, I did not buy bling-blings,
I suited up instead
And there I sat and waited.

The Cloud came
And poured on me just the same,
But THIS time, I had my galoshes, rainproof-cap, umbrella and the raincoat
I stayed dry and unaffected by the rain, and the Cloud could not gloat
And this time,
I stayed!



No comments:

Post a Comment