1. 100g organic wholemeal flour
*Alternatively, you could mix 80g organic wholemeal flour with 20g organic all-purpose flour.
2. 1 tablespoon of baking powder
3. 40gm of light, brown sugar
4. 120gm of salted butter.
5. 2 to 3 tablespoons of milk
(I did not add oats to the biscuits this round. If you prefer to add oats to them, add 100gm of fine, grounded oats.)
1. Melt the butter.
2. Mix the flour, baking powder, and brown sugar into a large bowl.
3. Add the melted butter into the dry ingredients and mix until crumbly.
4. Add the milk until a smooth dough is formed.
5. Wrap the dough in cling wrap and store it in the fridge for about 1/2 hour.
6. Preheat the oven to 180C.
7. Remove the dough from the cling wrap and roll it into a long cylinder shape. You can cut small circle shapes 0.4cm in thickness. Alternatively, you can scoop out a tablespoon size of dough and flatten it with the back of a spatula.
8. Bake for about 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
9. Lay aside to cool.
10. Store in airtight containers. I kept mine in the fridge.
|Waiting for oven to be ready.|
|Fresh out of the oven!|
|Ready to be kept in the fridge!|