- I do not use any make-up. I only use the Ego sunblock 50+ for sensitive skin during the day. To wash off the sunblock I use the AA Sensitive Skin cleansing gel-cream. This product is fragrance free, contains no allergens and has no colour additives. It also has minimum concentration of preservatives. Sad to say, the supplier has ceased importing them in. This will be a challenge for me as I have to start experimenting with new products!
- During the night, I use the Organic Aid Vitamin E as my moisturizer. This actually healed my skin of eczema! I swear by this product.
- I use the Living Nature lip-gloss and lip-stick. Living Nature is one product that has no preservative, colourings, chemicals and carcinogens. And they cost a bomb! But you can be sure that they are chemical-free. I am not too sure about salicylates though, as their main ingredient is the Manuka honey. And honey is on the high-end of the salicylate list. But I do not react to this product. The human body is a a peculiar thing. One man's meat is another man's poison indeed.
- I use the Simple brand for my shampoo and conditioner. They are fragrance-free. I use Sebamed cleanser for babies for my bath. I just started using the QV cleanser as they are fragrance-free too.
- For my teeth, I use Sensodyne. Yes, at times it burns my mouth. I will then brush will salt for a period of time, and then use Sensodyne again when I am able to tolerate it. At this point of time, I am still searching for a salicylate-free toothpaste. I use the non-waxed floss. It has no mint in it. Mint is very high in salicylates.
- I use the QV Cream or the Organic Aid Vitamin E Moisturizing Cream to moisturize the arms and hands, neck and legs and feet during the night.
- I am still in the midst of researching and reading up on how to make my own home-made toiletries. When I am successful, I will blog about it! Have a great week everyone.
Sunday, 23 October 2011
Surviving in a Chemical World (Part 2)