Monday 12 December 2011

The Container Garden - An Update

My one-year-old lemon tree has been very out of shape. I trimmed it and it looks VERY neat now!

My 1 year-old lemon tree!
Some of the cherry tomatoes
The lone sweet corn!
I sowed six corn seeds but only two sprouted. And one of them died after sprouting. The weather was just too wet. Only this survived. I hope it is sweet.

A new pot of Periwinkle!
The ONLY red spinach! The rest of the seedlings died from the constant downpour.
Not very healthy looking vegetables due to the excessive downpour everyday.
The baby radish! 
All 5 baby radishes. They were VERY tiny.
3rd harvest of kangkung
The periwinkle seeds fell into the bougainvillea pot, sprouted and now is blooming very well!
They come in droves everyday! Haha... Escargot?
I had to harvest them while they were still green as fruit flies were all over the place! I placed them in a container and let them ripen at room temperature. 
More are turning yellow
The ripened tomatoes!
The cherry tomatoes were attacked by the sparrows!
More tomatoes and a mini capsicum!
The Oleander Hawk Caterpillars are back! 
A Swallowtail butterfly laying an egg on my baby orange tree
This is a WEED, but it has beautiful, tiny yellow flowers. Does anybody know its name?

Allamanda flowers in full bloom (buttercups)
White Japanese Rose
One of the last harvest
I've chopped down all the okra, tomatoes, capsicums and chilli plants as they have all caught viral diseases and fungus infections due to the excessive rain every day. I added compost to all the soils and am PATIENTLY waiting for the rainy weather to be over. Hopefully next year will be a greater year where the vegetable harvest is concerned! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment