Wednesday 7 March 2012

Surviving Idiopathic Anaphylaxis

1. Salt (tons of it)
I use it for everything! For wounds, for ulcers, for sorethroats and even for washing vegetables and raw food too! I gargle, rinse and even brushed my teeth with it back then when I first had the anaphylactic attack 3 years ago. I use either the Himalayan rock salt or sea-salt. I buy them from the organic shops.
(Pssst! I even use it to kill the snails that help themselves to my vegetables in the garden!)

2. Water (tons of it) 
Drink GALLONS of it! I know it can be nauseating, but it cleanses the system and cools the body down. 

3. Masks (tons of it)
For me I use surgical masks by the tens in a week. And now I have LOTS of cloth masks! :) Thanks to my friends and neighbour. And I recently found a few from a DIY shop in a shopping mall. It is very difficult to get thick, good, cotton cloth masks in Malaysia. If you know of a place in Malaysia, let me know. I will buy a dozen!

4. Abstinence
Don't eat it, don't use it, and don't smell it if you can't. 

5. Sleep (tons of it)



3 comments:

  1. Salt!!?? How does salt help you?

    How much water do you drink in one day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salt? I have low-blood pressure. Have been like this since the anaphylactic attack. If I don't eat a bit more salt, I will be giddy and pass out. I have had times where the doctors gave a drip because my BP was too low. I had one time where it was 70/50!!! I felt as though oxygen couldn't go up to my brain.

    Doctors have told me to drink 100plus, eat anchovies or rehydrating salts but all these are processed and the anchovies are high in amines. So I am not taking the risk. So I eat a bit more salty food.

    I gargle with salt when I feel a sore throat coming. I apply salt on ulcers (tears will stream out of my eyes because of the pain - but it works!). I wash wounds with salt. And I wash raw meat or fish with salt. To kill whatever bacteria. And I wash vegetables with salt. Today there are vegetable cleansers sold which are purportedly safe for eating. But these are all chemicals. I think less is better. I save money and I am safe.

    I drink about 2 to 3 litres of water a day. That includes soup or barley water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Planet Ultra Dishwashing Liquid, the miracle soap is made with salt! I love sea salt. Any other kind and I blow up like a balloon from water retention. For years I didn't eat any salt and I wonder if it contributed to my chemical sensitivity as you need those minerals. I have normal blood pressure so I do worry it will raise my blood pressure.

      I wish I could drink a lot of water. I have a histamine overload so too much water and I'm running to the bathroom every 10 minutes and that's a real pain when you are trying to sleep!

      Delete