Thursday 1 December 2011

Goddess Flora in Container Garden

Okra flower!
In Roman mythology, Flora was known as the goddess of flowers and season of spring. Her name is derived from the Latin word 'flos' which means 'flower'. What is a garden without flowers right? Flowers bring beauty, colours and pollinators too. Here are some snapshots of the flowers that are in my container garden. Enjoy!

Japanese Rose

My first sunflower (and it was a tiny one!)
My first 'giant' sunflower
This was Goliath the sunflower which towered over 6 feet tall! 


25cm wide

This was the Siamese Twin sunflower
These were the baby sunflowers that bloomed after the life-span of the siamese-twin ended. 
Periwinkle

White Japanese roses!
Jasmine! 
Periwinkle in pink!

Periwinkle in red!


Bougainvillea
Portulacas














Vinca Minor

Lantanas! I had to get rid of them as they were causing me near-anaphylaxis episodes for 2 months. After they were gotten rid off, I became stable again. They are my favourite. :( But health is wealth.


Ixora
Plumbago

Local Lavender which only flowers once!
White-yellow Lantanas
Pink-White Lantanas!
Sea of Red Vincas!
Allamanda (Buttercup)



My happy flower! :)





6 comments:

  1. what can i say, you have pair of green hands! that's a special gift from God!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous blooms! How nice to be surrounded by such wonderful creations of God! You're amazing, I'm envious, any plant I attempt to keep at the balcony dies on me within 30 days *bleaaaahhhh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy seeing all those beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Marina: Thanks! But you're awesome with your scraps! Totally amazing hands for scraps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Tammie: Yes, they are my happy flowers!! Even the caterpillars LOVE them! Hehehe...

    ReplyDelete