Friday 30 March 2012

Container Gardening - An Update

Grubs!
Grubs that come from these beetles!
They seem to be forever mating!

These grubs are actually very damaging to the garden as they suck the life out of the plants through the roots! It is a loosing battle fighting them! Then the sparrows came to dig them out from the pots and in the process killed many of my seedlings!

This is my THIRD attempt in trying to grow parsley! I can't seem to get the seeds to grow!
More bougainvillea flowers!
Another round of kangkung harvest!
The Okra plants!


A day's harvest!
Another day's harvest!
This one was attacked by a worm which burrowed a hole in it.

A sea of pink Periwinkles!

A very busy bee in the Japanese rose!
Zucchini! And I have four pots of them. I am growing them for the first time. Hope they all will grow fat and delicious zucchinis!
I allowed a tray of red spinach to bolt as I wanted to harvest the seeds. I have not been buying spinach seeds. One stalk can yield A LOT of seeds!!
This tray of spinach came from the seeds I gathered from a few flowers from the stalk above.
New trays of Siu Pak Choy!
Japanese Roses!
The Jasmine plant which is now 6 feet tall!
Lovely Okra flower!




6 comments:

  1. So amazing. I should send you pictures of my garden right now...dead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my... Is it raining non-stop again?

      Delete
    2. It rains all the time. Everything dies in the winter - blame it on that snow you love! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow you have been busy. It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Home-made compost is the trick!

      Delete