Sunday 8 April 2012

Understanding People with Idiopathic Anaphylaxis for Dummies! (Part Two)

1. You mean you cannot travel overseas? Don't you just wish you could travel?

2. So where are you going for this round of school holidays?
And this was after I said that I can't and don't travel!

3. Don't you feel bored with living the life you have?
I feel bored because I have to have conversations with dummies! Dear God, please send people with brains over! Thank you very much. AMEN!

4. Don't you miss working and having a NORMAL life?
I AM working at home, you idiot. I am a stay-at-home mother with no live-in maid who has to cook and wash and drive and look after my family. If that is not working, gosh, I don't what that is inside your skull. And my life is very NORMAL, thank you very much! I think you are not normal because your mouth works faster than your brain!

5. This is an excerpt of a conversation that I had:
Stranger: You mean you only have one child? When are you going to have another one since your son is seven already?
Me: No, I can't. I have a medical condition, which my gynecologist said, no, I should not.
Stranger: WHAT?! You mean you can't have another child? You'd better give your husband another child before he finds another woman to give him one!
Me: If he does, I'll feed him to the dogs! Anyway, hubby is cool with one child.
Stranger: Blah, blah, blah. blah.......
Me: Walks away....

6. This is another excerpt of another conversation:
Friend: You should trust and believe in God for another child. Just like Abraham and Sarah. They had Isaac when they were really old!
Me: ...........
(By the way, if YOU are reading this, the people in the Old Testament tend to live to be hundreds of years old. Child bearing age must have stretched into the hundreds too. Do people live to be hundreds of years old today???)

7. Don't you just wish you did not have this?
Oh yes, just like how I wish people had more common sense and used their brains to think before they opened their mouth. Now let me go find my little-young-man so that I can have some intelligent conversation.

8. What sin have you committed? Have you repented of all your sins? Why don't you just hurry up and believe in God's healing and get healed quickly?
Dear God, I repent for talking to this idiot. And also please hurry up and shut all the idiots up. Amen.

9. God, if I were you, I wish I were dead.
Well, if I were you, I too would wish I was dead. But then I am not you, so NO!

10. Your life is so pitiful.
Open that mouth of yours one more time and I will make sure your mouth will LOOK pitiful!

People, please think before you open your mouth to talk to people like us. Of course we know that the life that we have is restrictive and not normal, as you put it. But then again, who defines what normal is? We are living to the best that we can. If you have nothing nice to say, just stay mum and no one will say that you are dumb. Silence is golden.

Just imagine yourself, with a face full of acne and then people come up to you and say, 'OMG! You have ACNE! Don't you wish you had smooth, baby skin? Don't you wish you did not have this? What have you done to be struck with such a pitiful ailment?! You mean you cannot use any products on your skin? If I were you I wish I were dead! Have you asked God for healing?! Don't you wish you had a normal face?'

You get my drift. I rest my case.




7 comments:

  1. The challenge for people with idiopathic anaphylaxis (IA) is to live as rich and fulfilling a life as is possible within the limitations imposed by the disease.
    To do so requires determination, creative problem-solving, and more than a little bit of courage.

    One of the "gifts" of having IA is that we have the opportunity to become more compassionate and understanding toward others who are ill or different.

    You are a remarkable woman, Evelyn. Please don't let the fools tell you otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Candace! It is true that we have to be 'creative' in order to survive. Thank you for your encouragement. :)

      Delete
  2. HAHAHAHAHA! You are so funny.

    This is why I try to isolate myself. Stupid people make me crazy and they aren't worth the stress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once quipped that maybe I should just buy Depends and get on some serious pain killers so I would be able to bring my daughter to a restaurant for the fundraiser. It was a bad joke meant to point out the ludicrousy of her suggestions. The woman had the nerve to say I was finally seeing some sense. And to ask later if I'd ever gotten that medication we'd discussed so I could normalize my life for dd's sake.

    It's so important to keep your sense of humor or you'd go crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, many times I myself have thought I have fallen over the edge trying to go on and yet keep my sanity intact!

      You stay strong!!!! :)

      Delete