1. 1 vanilla pod bean
2. 300ml of low-fat milk (I did not have this and substituted with full-creamed milk)
3. 4 egg yolks (I used even the egg whites)
4. 75gm of sugar (I used half of this and it was still sweet!)
5. 5ml of cornstarch
6. 300ml of heavy cream (I did not have this too and used whipping cream instead)
1. Slit open the vanilla pod from top to bottom. Pour the milk into a pan, add the pod and bring it to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat and leave it aside for 15 minutes.
2. Take the pod out from the milk and scrape all the seeds out into the milk. Discard the pod.
3. Boil the milk again. Set aside again while you proceed to step 4.
4. Whisk the eggs, sugar and cornflour until it has thickened and foamy. Pour this mixture into the hot milk gradually, whisking it constantly.
5. Over very low heat, stir the mixture continuously without stopping until the custard thickens and becomes smooth.
6. Pour the custard into a metal bowl or container (which can be kept in freezer) and allow it to cool.
7. Once it has cooled down, chill it in the fridge.
8. In another bowl, whip the cream until it thickens. Do not over whip it. Make sure that it still falls off from a spoon.
9. Remove the custard from the fridge and fold the whipped cream into it.
10. Freeze for approximately 6 hours or until it is firm enough to be scooped up.
11. You can either beat it with a fork or place it in a food processor.
12. Freeze it again.
13. Once it is done, ENJOY the fruits of your labour!!!!