Friday 28 June 2013

My 5 Uses of Baking Soda

Baking soda is powerful AND odourless. Apparently you can use it in 51 different ways!

Here are my 5 uses of baking soda:

1. Toothpaste

Mix the baking soda with a pinch of sea-salt and brush your teeth with it. Voila! You're good to go with white teeth and fresh breath.

2. Facial Scrub & Body Exfoliant

Mix baking soda with water until a paste is formed. Scrub your face with the paste. I use this two to three times a week. And I use it after washing my face.

3. Residue Cleanser

By mixing a small amount of baking soda to your shampoo, you're helping your hair greatly. It helps remove from your hair residue that the styling products leave behind. I do not use any styling products, but I find that it leaves my hair feeling really clean!

4. Refrigerator Deodorizer 

Place an open box of baking soda in the fridge to neutralize odours. Place the box at the back of the fridge.

5. Deodorize Containers

I soak containers which have lingering odours with baking soda and hot water overnight. If the odour does not disappear overnight, I leave it for a day more. Works like magic. I get fresh smelling containers!


Click here to read more.


5 comments:

  1. I LOVE baking soda and #5 I never thought of, thanks! I also add it to laundry when I'm detoxing new or contaminated clothes, I've used it to repel ants too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... I shall try it on the ants then! Thanks. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh that's so coincidental...I just wrote a post on using baking soda for fabric softener! :) It's really good for cleaning as a scrubber, especially on porcelain or ceramic tiles. And it's good for cleaning hair too, without the shampoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, baking soda is superb. I wonder not more people are using it instead of wasting money on expensive chemicals.

      Delete
  3. Oh, and it's good for killing black spot on roses.

    ReplyDelete