Upon reaching home, I immediately smelt all the food and discovered that the smell was coming from the plastic bags!!!!!!!!!!!!
I poured everything out and discovered that they had no mothballs smell.
And I discovered that the new reel of plastic bag which I asked chicken lady to get for me was soaked in mothballs smell! It was placed outside of the house IMMEDIATELY!
After washing everything with salt and triple-checking to make sure the food REALLY had no smell, my brain was soaked in mothballs fumes.
My sense of smell was gone. My mouth, lips, tongues were burning. My eyes were itchy. And my nostrils were totally numb.
I kept asking Joel the whole day whether the house had a peculiar, stinky smell. Of course the little fella could not smell a thing.
I am glad it did not progress to something more serious. I was fine in a day. Thank god.
I called my chicken lady and she felt extremely bad. (Do not condemn her! She did not realize that I was this super-sensitive. She is a very kind lady who has been blessing me with free chickens here and there! The moment she hears that I am unwell, she'll give me a free chicken! Even when I am well, she blesses me! Bless her!) She changed a scent-free reel of plastic bag and apologized profusely.
I went salicylate-free immediately and have been trying to be as scent-free as possible. This exposure has caused me to be a bit more sensitive again.