1. 350gm rice (I've tried Basmathi and Sushi rice with this method and it cooks very well.)
2. 900gm water
3. *Sea-salt (optional)
4. *Grapeseed oil (optional)
1. Place the 350gm rice into the Thermomix basket. Then place the basket in a large washing bowl to soak the rice. (I soak the rice so that the phytic acid is removed. I usually soak for an hour.)
2. Once the one hour is over, rinse the rice under clean running water.
3. Place the 900gm water into the Thermomix jug. (If your want to have tastier rice, you can add the sea-salt and oil into the jug.)
4. Then place the Thermomix basket into the jug.
5. Set 20minutes/Varoma/Speed4.
6. Once it is done, use the spatula to remove the basket from the jug. (Be careful of the steam!)
7. I've been told that by cooking the rice in the Thermomix, the starch is removed from the rice by the turning of the blades. The water left behind is apparently starchy water. One of the women who attended the Thermomix demo told me that her stomach does not bloat anymore as her rice is now boiled in the Thermomix. But if she eats rice cooked in other ways, her stomach will bloat!
|The starchy water.|
A friend of mine told me that she uses this water as her SK-II! You can try it out. (Of course if you add the sea-salt and oil, you can't use the water on your face!)
8. Serve the rice hot.