Tuesday 14 August 2018

Can't Keep Calm!

So the flu ran its course. It's been already two weeks!

I felt better.

Or so I thought.

I started to spit bloody mucus out. The fever came back with vengeance. And then I started to leak bloody mucus from my nose. I became worse as the day went by. The pressure in my sinus was so bad that it caused a migraine and teeth pain. I couldn't eat. I couldn't sleep. I was so miserable.

Damn.......

A sinus infection. I had only one sinus infection and it was about 12 years back. I have never had any problems with my sinus.

I called my ENT up and went to see him the very next day.

He said my sinus was severely infected. My ear drums were dull. I had laryngitis. I had a severely raw throat. The insides of my nose were completely swelled up and clogged with mucus.

He said I had to have antibiotics. I had caught a secondary bacterial infection. Augmentin is the best for sinus infection. And I had to have it for one week.

I have not had antibiotics for about 4 to 5 years.

It was horrible as it made my digestion go haywire. I was hungry all the time. My intestines were churning and very gassy. I was nauseated. My mouth had a metallic taste all the time and there was a layer on my tongue. And it caused me to have morbid thoughts about dying. I felt that I was going to die a horrible death. I had anxiety attacks and became depressed. I felt doomed. (It was very different from the feeling of doom before I had the anaphylactic attack 10 years ago.)

Click on LINK to read about the side effects of Augmentin.

During the 2nd or 3rd day, rust-like liquid flowed out of my nose. The ENT doctor said that it was stale blood.

Gross......

Today's the 6th day and things have improved very much. Hopefully my immune system will get stronger and be able to be in tip-top condition for another year(s)!


*picture taken from HERE


*picture taken from HERE

3 comments:

  1. Good lord!! That's horrible. I hope you get well soon. That's too long to be sick and it just keeps hanging on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you are finished taking the antibiotics, don't forget to add probiotics for your digestion. That might help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, I am taking probiotics to help with the gut.

      Delete