Saturday 18 February 2012

The Container Garden - An Update


The container garden is flourishing again. Though we have had freak storms, most of the vegetables are doing well. Some did not survive the storms. Thus, I had to sow the seeds again.

Siu pak choys with red spinach

Look at the damage done by the snails!
The Oleander Hawk Moth came to visit us! And the Oleander Hawk caterpillars are the ones that love the Periwinkle plants.
The Okras are thriving!
The Okras are flowering again! 

The baby orange tree's pot was waterlogged due to the freak storm which lasted for 1 hour!
The beautiful Plumbago flowers
Even the worms crawled out of the pots after the severe downpour!
Siu pak choy harvest!
A big harvest fit for four!

Periwinkles!


Yes, these slimy creatures never fail to visit my garden everyday! Some of them have even made themselves PR!
Allamanda about to bloom!
The beautiful bougainvillea blooming beautiful pink flowers!




4 comments:

  1. Beautiful garden. I couldn't tolerate being around my potted plants. I was getting anaphylaxic reactions due to the salicylates and pollen. I have been very depressed lately. Ate a cookie at work that had sulfites in it. I didn't read the label and had a reaction. Had to load up on medication at my job. I was wondering if you have any seasonal allergies? I have hay fever they call it here...Allergic to the pollen of trees and plants. So, spring time has been very difficult. How long did you go sal-free until you could start eating other foods? I'm getting bored already. Also, do you eat beef? Seems I have a mild reaction to it.
    THank you for the pretty photos today. Your garden is beautiful and it uplifted me. Hugs and health, Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cyndy. I threw away about 6 to 7 pots of LANTANAS! They are one of my favorite flowers. But the smell triggered attacks in me. I got rid of them all. Not without a heavy heart though... But then my system became calm and quiet again.

      We don't have the four seasons. Malaysia is a tropical country. So it's rain and sun. And now we have HAZE! And I get itchy eyes or allergy cough during the hazy season.

      I think I went sal-free for more than a year. I have not tried beef yet. And I have stopped eating pork for months now as they inject the pigs with antibiotics to make them FAT! I was reacting to the pork.

      Thank you for your compliment. I am glad that you feel better.

      Take care and much hugs from Malaysia!!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Evelyn. There r shops selling antibiotic free porks now but not sure how true they r. Mayb u can give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammie!!!!! :)
      Yeah, I'll definitely give it a try when I am stronger.
      Thanks.

      Delete