Tuesday 11 December 2012

Home-Made Rich Sugar Syrup

Ingredients:

1. 2 cups soft brown sugar
2. 1 cup water
----------------------------------------------------

1. Pour the 1 cup of water into a large pan or a pot.

2. Bring the water to a boil.

3. Pour the 2 cups of sugar into the boiling water and stir it consistently.

4. Once the sugar has dissolved completely, remove the pan/pot from the heat.
(*Note: If you want your syrup to be thicker than usual, boil it longer. If you like your syrup thin, remove it from the heat once all the sugar has dissolved completely. Remember that when the syrup cools, it will thicken on its own.)

5. Allow to cool, then keep it in a bottle. (I keep mine in the refrigerator.)



*I am able to upload pictures again. The granola bar pictures are up. Click here to view.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Evelyn! How are you? Can you believe I am home from work today? I had an allergic reaction to a test they did on me for tuberculosis! I'm becoming a foster parent and it's mandatory to be tested. I have had a test before, never this reaction. Last night, I had a physical done at a local clinic near my house. Thought I would save time going closer than to my regular doctor. I don't know if it is a different shot they used...but I felt terrible burning sensation when they administered it. I quickly became shakey. Thought it was just anxiety, as usually accompanies things going into my body...due to my allergies.
    Woke up in the middle of the night with throat swelling and tightness in my chest, trouble breathing. I went to the ER and they told me it was a delayed, systemic reaction, which is "very rare," but "does happen." Of course, I have to be the rare case. I'm so upset...adding another thing to the list I am very allergic too. So, I'm home exhausted on max benadryl and steroids for five days. Please send prayers.

    Also, what do you use this syrup for? It looks yummy. Hope you are well. Love to you, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YIKES!!! That sounds terrible. Will be sending you prayers and positive thoughts. Get well soon!

      I used this syrup for the granola bars. It can also be used for drinks. Thanks for the thought. Love to you too. :)

      Delete