Sunday 23 December 2012

The Big Bad Wolf!

Every year end, there would be an ultra-mega-gigantic book sale where books can go as low as RM2!

I did not go last year as I was unwell.

This year is a different story.

My high school classmate won tickets for me to attend the pre-sale before it was open to the public. So hubby took leave and we went to the pre-sale! YAY!!!!!!!!!

Before I went, I called my friend to make sure that there wasn't a crowd and that the place wasn't stuffy. It was FREAKING cold. The air-cons were working at full blast. The sales was held in a convention hall.



Look at the people 'eating' books! Totally mouth-watering!






Most of the people who were there had trolleys like the one in the picture above, suitcases or grocery roller bags.
I got this for Joel as he wanted it. 


The baby was at the BOTTOM (at the triangle part) flanked by books at the bottom of the trolley and the top! This was dangerous and crazy. The mother was busy 'feasting away' at the buffet of books.

This was only RM12!
They even had CDs!
We bought some cooking books and books for Joel. Four big bags and only RM200+. If not for this Big Bad Wolf sales, we would have easily spent RM500+ for our haul of books!
We got this 'tree' for RM12! Joel and I spent an afternoon assembling it. Fun!

9 comments:

  1. Everyone's talking and posting about the BBW sale.. haha... anyway here's wishing you a blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessed Christmas to you and your family too Irene!

      Delete
  2. Btw, the tree is totally awesome! Made of hard paper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is made of hard paper! Very easy to assemble and very fun! :)

      Delete
  3. multiplechemicalsurvivor24 December 2012 at 22:56

    Oh, I love books! Did you see art history books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not have the time to walk the entire area. I did see slots of interior design books and also lots of gardening books.

      Delete
  4. That is a cool really tree. Not real, not plastic, not toxic! Did you put up your other tree or use this one instead?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used this one instead. No strength to drag that 6foot+ tree out! :P

      Delete