Thursday 16 November 2017

Product Review (1) - Jack N' Jill Natural Toothpaste

I will be doing some product reviews as I come across "safe", "fragrance-free" and "chemically-free" products being sold out there.

My review is my opinion. You can disagree. You can pound your keyboard and scream in disagreement. You can even send in your disagreements.

But if you choose to buy and experiment, you are responsible for your own experiments. Please use wisdom and common sense when you try anything new. Just because I can use/eat/smell it, do not think that you too will be able to. My immune system and yours are different and no two persons' immune system are the same.

Today's product review is Jack N' Jill Toothpaste.


The ingredients are xylitol, purified water, vegetable glycerin (coconut derived), silica, xantham gum, potassium sorbate (naturally derived) and citric acid.


According to what is written on the tube, it's safe to be swallowed. It is also SLS (sodium laureth sulfate) free. It has no fluoride, no sugar, no artificial colour and no parabens.

The gel is transparent/translucent.

When I used it for the first time, my eyes went as big as goldfish eyes. It was sooooooooo sweet! Hey, I thought that it stated "No Sugar?" I read the ingredients again and saw xylitol. Well, *xylitol is a sugar substitute and is used in "sugar-free" candies and sweets. It has a low glycemic index, fewer calories and doesn't spike blood sugar/insulin. The sweetness turned me off.

The price factor was another turn off. For 50gm it costs a whooping RM31.70!!! That was the first and last time I would ever buy this. It's too damn expensive. With RM31.70, I could buy one and a half free-range chicken!

Some salicylate-sensitive people might not be able to tolerate the coconut derived vegetable glycerin. Many cannot tolerate coconut. Vegetable glycerin is from the oil and coconut oil is HIGH in salicylate.

My verdict? A waste of money and WAY TOO SWEEEEET!


*taken from Xylitol - Everything You Need To Know


2 comments:

  1. I don't think we have this brand in the USA or maybe just not where I shop. $7.00 for a tube of toothpaste!!! Wow.

    Well, glycerin is bad and any label that has to justify their ingredients with (naturally derived) I don't trust. Yeah, lots of these chemical compounds are found in natural sources, but do they really extract them or isn't it easier to use the synthetic stuff. However, with that high price, maybe they do?

    I don't use toothpaste and haven't for the last 15 years and haven't had problems with my teeth since.

    Fun review. Very interesting. $7!!! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Malaysian currency is very weak..... So everything imported is exorbitant.....

      Delete