Sunday 12 January 2014

Swelling & Pain

The swelling returned. And when that happens, the pain comes back. And when it swells and there's pain, the bladder will be in trouble. It's like a domino effect.

I drove on Tuesday and Wednesday. By Wednesday afternoon, there was great discomfort. And then the pain returned. My parents helped me pick Joel up from school on Thursday and Friday so that I could rest.

Did some walking on Saturday. Today I felt like I had a blister in the anus. Or rather, stuffed with a tennis ball.

But life goes on. And most of the time life goes on even when you're in pain.

'You gotta love livin', baby, 'cause dying' is a pain in the ass.' - Frank Sinatra

Seriously, it hasn't reached the stages of dying, but this pain in the ass is surely a PAIN in the ass!!!


3 comments:

  1. So what's the swelling from? Is this to be expected with healing or is it another infection?

    We all take the phrase "pain in the ass" for granted!

    So sorry...I wish you a speedy recovery and for all the discomfort to soon disappear completely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is still in the process of healing. The surgeon did say that once I am fully healed, all these will be gone. My dad had a case of fistula when I was about 8 or 9. He too had surgery and it took him 6 months to be 100% back on track!!!!!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! It's just that I'm feeling antsy and impatient waiting to be 100% healed. Many who shared on the forum who had this surgery said that they regained their normal life in 6 months. I just want to be mobile and independent and be able to do the things I was able before the surgery. I am very grateful though that the pain during the first few weeks after the surgery has passed. That was worse than the worst nightmare of my life!

      Delete