1. 6 very large old potatoes
2. 500gm of minced chicken (marinate with sea-salt, a dash of brown sugar and sunflower oil)
3. 4 cups of organic all-purpose flour
4. Sunflower oil
6. Brown sugar
7. 60gm of butter (softened at room temperature)
8. 7 cups of water
1. In a large pot, pour 6 cups of water into it and bring it to a boil.
2. Wash the potatoes and peel the potato skins. Discard the skins.
3. Once the water is boiling, drop the potatoes into it and continue to boil the water until the potatoes have softened.
4. Scoop the softened potatoes up and mash them up. Add the softened butter and 1/2 teaspoon of sea-salt to the mashed potatoes and mix throughly.
5. In a large baking bowl, pour the flour, a teaspoon of sea-salt, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1/2 cup of sunflower oil and the mashed potatoes.
6. Mix all the ingredients throughly until they resemble the mixture of dough.
7. Heat a frying pan.
8. Break the dough into balls the size of golf balls.
9. Flatten them and make a depression in the centre.
10. Scoop 2 tablespoons size of minced chicken and press it into the depression.
11. Drizzle some sunflower oil on the heated pan.
12. Place the patties onto the pan and fry till golden brown.
13. Flip them over and fry the other side until golden brown too.
14. Serve warm with rice. Alternatively, you can eat it them on their own with the sauce of your choice. I had mine with rice of course!
|Mashing the potatoes!|
|The potato patty with minced chicken in the centre!|
|The yummy-licious patties!|
|With rice of course!|